Please find details of any current staff vacancies below.
Pre School Leader Vacancy
Earlybirds Pre-School are seeking to appoint an exceptional Pre-School Leader. If you are ambitious, passionate about early childhood development, and have the skills to lead a small dedicated team, please read on!
We are a term time only pre-school with strong links to Newtown Soberton Infant School. The successful candidate will have responsibility for managing the curriculum, overseeing the provision, leading the performance management of the pre-school staff and managing the day-to-day running of the pre-school to ensure the best outcomes and experiences for the children. The new leader will have the opportunity to work alongside the current leader during a handover period to support continuity and transition.
There are also excellent professional development opportunities as we work closely with our local settings, other agencies, and the Local Authority. Pay is £11.00/£11.50 per hour dependent on experience.
Applicants will need to download and complete the application form below to apply for the role. Please send completed application forms to email@example.com
- Level 3+ relevant childcare qualification
- Recent experience working with children aged 2-4
- Believes that the early years of a child's life provide the foundations for future development
- Has the ability to communicate a clear vision for outstanding EYFS provision
- An outstanding practitioner with excellent knowledge of the EYFS curriculum and how young children learn
- The ability to plan and implement an early years age/stage appropriate curriculum, taking into account the SEN Code of Practice, child protection procedures and equal opportunities
- Champions the 'Characteristics of Effective Learning' as critical learning values
- Is familiar with Early Years assessment and can make robust judgements
- Values the role of parents in young children's development
- Has excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Is a great team player with the confidence to lead staff and drive setting improvement
- Has high standards for achievement and behaviour
- Is a reflective practitioner who values professional discussion and peer coaching to evaluate and improve practice
- Has a commitment to keeping up to date with developments in early years care and education
- Has a thorough understanding of safeguarding issues and confidentiality
- Emotionally resilient and able to handle competing demands, remaining calm under pressure
- Able to manage the setting resources and ensure that expenditure is in line with budget
- Has contributed to or led performance management of staff
- SEN experience
- Has experience of prior leadership, e.g. deputy or room leader in a previous setting.
- Paediatric first aid training
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 24th June 2019
Please email completed application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form: (please scroll down to the bottom of the form for the download button).
Equalities Monitoring Form